10 Reasons You Should Buy ArtPosted: June 8, 2015
I can hear Robert in his studio readying all the things he will need for this years “Where in the World Plein Air Event 2015”. He has been working in his studio since 8:00 a.m. and it is now 10:30 p.m. Time goes fast for him in his studio because he loves what he is doing. I have to remind him to come and eat dinner! I just read Edward Winkleman’s blog piece titled “10 Reasons Why You Should Buy Art” and I think of Robert and all the artist’s I know who work really hard and love what they are doing and it shows in their work.
- Buy art because you like it.
- Buy art because you can.
- Or, save up and stretch yourself to buy art because it enables you to participate in the culture of your time.
- Buy art as an heirloom for your family.
- Buy art for its ability to cheer you up (or otherwise make you think) at times in your life when nothing else makes sense.
- Buy art because you’re an adult, and you should have some original art among your possessions.
- Buy art so you can illustrate to your children, with a straight face, that money is not the most important thing in life.
- Buy art because it’s fun to be part of the art world. [admittedly, your mileage may vary on that one]
- Buy art to impress your potential mates, or their parents.
- Buy art to support artists. They make our world so much more interesting and our darkest days so much more bearable. I’m not even sure how you can put a price on that. Seriously.